Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Post IVF Consult

I always remember the reason I love Dr. Beltsos so much when I see her for our consults. This afternoon we had our post IVF consult and even though we did not receive the news that we were hoping for earlier this week, Dr. Beltsos seemed to find a way to make us feel hopeful again. She took us back through all of our previous cycles, analyzing the results of each one and decided that we would try a new protocol with the next cycle. Instead of being on birth control leading up to the start of stimulation medications, I would be doing something called estrogen priming the month before. In all of my previous cycles, I had used what is called the antagonist protocol for stimulating the ovaries. This time I would be using the Micro-dose Lupron Flare Protocol. Finally Dr. Beltsos reminded us that even though we have had a lot of disappointments, this was only our first "no" with our surrogate. She remains confident that this will work for us. Her confidence is truly contagious. Greg and I left feeling that even though this first try didn't work, we were getting closer to becoming parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment