Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I feel blessed in so many ways on this Mother's Day. The most important person that I celebrate on this day  is my own mother, Margaret McKeown. God chose her to be my mother when she and my dad adopted me at three days old and He couldn't have made a better choice. My mom is my best friend. Every day starts with a phone conversation with her, sometimes two or three. She has helped me remain positive when times are rough and is my biggest fan when things go well. I know that when I am a mother I will be a great one because of what she has taught me. She is the best mom a daughter could have and I love her very much.
I am also thankful for a wonderful mother-in-law, Janet O'Brien. I am so lucky to have gained another mother when I married Greg. She was so welcoming from the moment I met her. I am also thankful to her for being such a good mom to my husband, Greg. She raised a truly amazing son. He is my rock. He is smart, kind, compassionate and funny. I know that he will be an amazing dad to our children someday.
While I may not be a mother yet, I feel so blessed to be an aunt to an amazing little girl named Maggie. She amazes me everyday with all of the new things she learns. She is such a sweetheart. Her smile lights up a room and her laugh is contagious. I love her hugs and kisses. She is a true gift from God.


With each day, I am one step closer to becoming a mother to a very special baby. I am especially thankful to the woman that is going to make this dream come true.  I look forward to the day that I am able to celebrate this holiday as a mother, with all of the wonderful mothers in my life. I would like to close with a Mother's Day poem that I found on several websites.

“Happy Mother's Day”
It comes around every year;
but when you have empty arms,
it's very hard to hear.

It's a day to celebrate a mother,
for all the trials she overcame;
and a reminder to an infertile
of her loneliness and shame.

But what really makes a mother,
Is it just conception and birth?
Or is there something more,
that shows a mother's worth?

It's putting your child first,
in everything you do;
it's sacrifice and determination,
and love and patience too.

An infertile woman makes all her plans,
around a child not yet conceived;
she loves them even though they aren't here,
more than she ever could have believed.

She appreciates and understands,
what a blessing that children are;
she works hard for just a chance,
that motherhood is not that far.

All odds are stacked against her,
and yet she still has hope;
everyday is another struggle,
finding ways to help her cope.

So even though her arms are empty,
she can still be a mother too;
So say a special “Happy Mother's Day”
for those waiting for their dreams to come true!

 Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful women I know who are already moms or hope to become moms soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment