Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

So much to be thankful for....

This morning was our GS's scheduled blood pregnancy test. You would think by the sixth time, it would be a little easier to wait for the results, but it does not get any easier. I was so anxious all morning and my self-talk kept switching from positivity to negativity. Finally, a little after 2:00pm, I had a text and voicemail from my nurse and friend, Charlene, asking me to call her. I was so nervous that I did not know what to do. I ended up calling her back right away and I am so thankful that I did because she finally had wonderful news for us. Our GS was pregnant, with a nice strong first beta level of 1368!! I was so excited. I couldn't believe it. I started to tear up a little and I could not stop smiling. I heard congratulations from my doctor next and I immediately called my husband and mom. That night I celebrated at Wildfire with my mom, Charlene, Dr. Beltsos,  Dr. Feinberg, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, Meghan, and her husband, Scott, my other sister-in-law, Kellie, and my friend, Austin. Greg had been hunting all weekend, but came to meet us as soon as he got home. It was so nice to be able to celebrate the good news with family and some doctors and my nurse, who have become so much more than doctors and a nurse. I truly consider them my friends and feel blessed to have gone through this journey with them. Our GS will have two more blood draws and her first ultrasound is scheduled for December 5th. I am so excited to turn this "trying to conceive" blog into a pregnancy blog. So many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!! I feel so blessed and this day truly makes everything that Greg and I have been through worth it. Our baby is finally on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment