Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

School's out....for summer!!

The end of the school year for teachers is often bittersweet. The months of hard work and dedication to all that goes into running a classroom of 20-25 students comes to an end. It is amazing to see the progress that each student makes academically and socially. I know that my job is finished with them, but it is still sad to say goodbye and begin to take down all that was set up in the classroom. I just finished my tenth year of teaching and my fifth year of teaching first grade in Lake Bluff. This year has been particularly hard for me for a number of reasons. It is now the second school year that has come and gone without a baby on the way for me and Greg. While these past two school years have been difficult with having to take time off for surgeries and fertility treatments, it is seeing my students each and every day that also helps me to stay strong and reminds me of my ultimate dream of having a child. This year my class presented me with one of the sweetest, most heartfelt gifts I have ever received. It was a serving plate that they had decorated with each of their names and thumbprints.
The class also gave me a Visa gift card. I have been thinking about what I would like to use it for and have decided to dedicate the money to our July Birdies for Babies Golf Outing in honor of this group of students. I am so thankful to work in a profession in which I am able to impact the lives of children in such a big way. They brighten all of my days.

1 comment:

  1. You've been a FANTASTIC teacher and we appreciate all that you have done. Rebecca will miss you terribly.

    Thank you again for everything. There are always rainbows in the clouds somewhere. You just have to find them.

    Tegan G.

    ReplyDelete