Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Match

Within a few days of working with Mindy Berkson, she had a profile of a potential surrogate for us to look at through email. Greg and I read through the profile and thought that this woman sounded perfect. Reading about her and her husband made us feel like they were people that we would have had as friends. Mindy set up a conference call for me with the potential surrogate. I was a little nervous, but mostly excited to speak with her and see if she would be someone that we would want to have carry our baby. During the phone call, I first shared some background information about me and Greg and how we met. Then I talked about our fertility journey and how we had come to the path of gestational surrogacy. Afterwards, the potential surrogate shared with me her background, past pregnancy and delivery experiences, and why she was interested in being a surrogate. The conference call went better than I could have ever imagined. We got along so well and seemed to have a lot in common. I felt very positive after the phone call and knew that this was a woman that Greg and I could move forward in our journey with. The next day as we were driving to Dubuque to visit some of my college friends, we received a phone call from Mindy telling us that the potential surrogate had liked us too and wanted to move forward in the process with us. We were so excited to hear this wonderful news!! It finally seemed as though things were turning around for us. There are still some more screenings that our potential surrogate will need to go through before our match is finalized, but Greg and I are very hopeful that things will continue to go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment